You are in KNJN US - Shipping worldwide from CA, USA.
For KNJN EU, click here
Pluto, Pluto-II/-IIx/HDMI and Pluto-3 FPGA boards
FPGA development boards that plug into a PC's serial port.
- Easy to use - controlled from a PC's serial port.
- Small form factor - go into a 'solderless-breadboard' for experiments, or used as motherboards or daughterboards for other projects.
- Few on-board peripherals, most IOs available to connect to external peripherals.
- Built-in voltage regulator, allows to use a common DC adapter as power supply.
- Flashy and Widy compatible (and FlashyD and Widy-D for Pluto-3).
Select a bitfile, and click the 'Configure!' button in the provided application.
The process takes 10 to 60 seconds.
The boot-PROM can also programmed/verified/erased (with Pluto-II/-IIx/HDMI/-3 only, since Pluto doesn't have a boot-PROM).
How to connect the boards to a PC
The Pluto boards connect to a PC's serial port.
The serial port has two purposes:
- It is used for FPGA/boot-PROM configuration.
- It is used for PC <--> FPGA communication once the FPGA is configured (you can write a PC software that give orders to the FPGA, for example).
What files do you receive with the Pluto boards?
- Board documentation (view online here) (PDF)
- FPGAconf configuration software (Windows EXE)
- FlashyDemo (FPGA bitfile + GUI)
FPGA projects, 'ready to compile':
- LED (HDL source code)
- Music (HDL source code)
- SerialRxTx (HDL + C source code)
- Pong VGA (HDL source code)
- FlashyMiny (HDL + C source code)
To purchase a board
Go to the Shop - FPGA development boards (RS-232 and parallel) page